Take the next step on
your personal journey!
Explore freedom, acceptance and experimentation as Bonnie guides you to tune into your intuition, release expectations and welcome joyful authentic expression into your life and creative process.
Benefit from Bonnie's teachings about color theory, translucent layering, value contrast, composition, expressive mark-making, dripping, etching, stamping and drawing.
Receive Bonnie's therapeutic support to help with concerns that arise throughout your experience.
In a beautiful, elegant, inspiring and loving environment, your luxurious day of painting will be infused with music, poetry, ceremony, movement, and deep soul connections.
Each Painting Therapy Group is limited to 6-8 participants to ensure an intimate community, plenty of personal attention, one-to-one support, and abundant space to explore and create.
Painting Therapy Group Details
Groups are forming on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays
12:30 – 6:00 p.m. (6-8 participants/monthly meetings)
Please contact Bonnie to reserve your space.
$150.00 for each 12:30-6:00 p.m. meeting (scholarships available)
All levels of creative experience are welcome. If you are new to therapy, a private psychotherapy session with Bonnie will be included before the first group meeting, at no additional charge.
Painting Therapy Groups take place at Bonnie Rose's Ventura studio. The studio is located at 4882 McGrath Street, Studio 190.
Please remember to bring your lunch, snacks and beverage for nourishment throughout the day.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Your reservation in the group must be confirmed with a payment by PayPal at least one week before any session. There are no refunds, but you will receive credit towards another space in a future Painting Therapy Group when cancelling within 7 days of any group meeting.
Members of the Painting Therapy Group will be signing a Painting Therapy Group Participation Agreement with information that you are entitled to know before participating in a therapy group.
PAINTING THERAPY GROUP PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT
Download, print and complete the Painting Therapy Group Participation Agreement (PDF) form. Please scan and email this form to me at Bonnie@BonnieRose.com. (Feel free to contact me for any questions that arise.)
Painting Therapy Group Materials
Materials list (PDF)
Participants are responsible for bringing 36" x 36" x ¾ or 1½" canvases and their own paint.
36" x 36" x 1½" canvases will be available to purchase for $40.00 each (cash and checks accepted). Please let me know in advance if you will want to purchase these at the studio.
All other materials will be provided.
I will provide each student with an assortment of brushes, barrier cream, latex gloves, spray bottles, mark-making tools, glazing medium, palettes, water jars, rags, a personal painting cart, and a painting station.
Please bring the following:
- Two or Three 36" x 36" x (¾ or 1½") canvases
- 1 Red acrylic paint, any shade (4oz) 1 Yellow acrylic paint, any shade (4oz) 1 Blue acrylic paint, any shade (4oz) 1 Black acrylic paint (4oz)
- 1 Titanium White acrylic paint (8oz) (I suggest buying a heavy bodied white) 1 Metallic acrylic paint (4oz) (optional)
- 4 or more of your favorite colors of acrylic paint (4oz each). I suggest buying fluid acrylics for your supportive colors. Golden brand is great, but quite expensive and not necessary. Please buy paints based on your budget.
- Mark-Making, etching, and stamping tools (old pens, bottle caps, found objects to make patterns, etc.) Images and objects you wish to use for reference material and inspiration.
- Apron and/or comfy painting clothes Your favorite brushes, painting tools, and a blank journal.
- And an open heart and mind and last but not least..... TRUST!
You can reach Golden Artist Colors, Inc. at 800-959-6543 to request a beautifully
prepared color chart. I order my Golden Colors from the ItalianArtStore.com,
800-643-6440. I also like Blick Matte Acrylics which I order online. I order canvases from artscanvasonline.com, or call 714-602-2448.
Reserve your space
Certified EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, ISTDP
26 years Existential-Humanistic Depth Psychotherapy
Credentialed Art Teacher, Community College Professor, and Fine Artist